Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Law offices of Stephen Barszcz Disability Lawyer

My Federal Workers’ Compensation claim is denied. What do I do?

Return to FAQs


You can appeal any denial. There are three types of appeals that you can pursue. One would be a hearing. The second choice would be a written request for reconsideration, and the third choice is an appeal to the Employee Compensation and Appeals Board in Washington, which is also a written appeal, but that’s a final appeal. Any appeal you do will provide or receive a decision, and if the denial is upheld, you can appeal that on the first choice, the hearing, or the second choice, the written request for reconsideration. You pretty much can’t appeal most decisions from ECAB, the Employee Compensation and Appeals Board, so choose your appeals wisely.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

We want to hear from you. Give us a call or fill out our quick online contact form to schedule your free consultation with our attorney.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation