Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Law offices of Stephen Barszcz Disability Lawyer

I was injured on the job. How do I file a Federal Workers’ Compensation claim?

Return to FAQs


It’s important to file what’s called a notice of injury. Now, there are a number of different forms that you would file. However, the important thing to remember is that you should file a notice of injury with your employer within 30 days of the day you knew or should have known you were injured.

Well, what do I mean by that? If you fall off a roof and you break your arm, you know you were injured. You need to tell your employer. But if you have, say, carpal tunnel syndrome, where the injury takes some time to come about, and you don’t really know what it is, and you wait for a diagnosis from a physician, it would be 30 days from that diagnosis to tell your employer that you suffered that carpal tunnel syndrome.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

We want to hear from you. Give us a call or fill out our quick online contact form to schedule your free consultation with our attorney.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation